Salary up to £37,500 per annum (Mon-Fri, 35 hours per week)
We are Vaarst, a technology company building cutting edge products for maritime & subsea, using techniques in artificial intelligence, autonomy and computer vision. We believe in putting innovation to work and creating a difference in the world with boundary-pushing underwater technology for our clients in offshore wind and the subsea industry. Take a look at one of our products in action https://bit.ly/SubSLAMX2
We are looking for a highly motivated Robotics Support Engineer to join the team in Bristol to support our customers and internal R&D projects.
This role is for a Robotics Support Engineer to join our Professional Services & Support team to help develop and support cutting edge products. We are looking for a candidate that has a ROV/AUV Pilot Technician background to support the execution of our internal testing. In this capacity you will be the first to apply new technology in the subsea environment, providing feedback to drive the innovation cycle. Through this process you will become a Vaarst Superuser and will be a main point of contact for support queries from external and internal customers. You will provide offshore support and training to clients to ensure that their projects are successful, and their ROI can be maximised.
You will get to:
- Make an impact in the energy transition space, helping the move from oil to renewables
- Working on cutting edge tech in AI, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data and Autonomy
- Be part of a great company with very talented people that will revolutionise an industry
You will need to:
- Support the execution of Subsea Robotics Operations on Vaarst projects
- Support our clients with their own operations in either an onshore or offshore capacity world-wide
- Act as a Vaarst representative and report to client reps / vessel management as required
- Report to onshore management during offshore work where applicable
- Alongside the Senior Robotics Support Engineer ensure uptime of Vaarst’s Subsea Robotic equipment is maximised by ensuring a high standard of maintenance and checks for all subsea robotics systems
- Assist with technical problem solving
- Ensure HSEQ standards are met or exceeded in all operations
- Oversee the installation of Vaarst technologies at various locations globally
- Brief project teams on all relevant project matters. Scope of work, time scales etc.
- Have the highest focus on Health and Safety of themselves and those around them, you are expected to actively partake in / lead any safety programs at the worksite and impart previously learnt knowledge in this area to junior team members.
- Have some knowledge of ROV systems
- A background in an electrical or engineering discipline
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge and experience of electrical and electronic systems
- History of fault finding and bringing forward ideas to promote technical discussions / improvements
- Good problem-solving skills and practical thinking
- Good level of IT literacy (Microsoft office)
- Forward thinking with an interest in innovation
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience of Subsea Robotic Equipment – ROV/AUV
- Previous experience in a shore based / workshop environment working on ROVs / AUVs
People join Vaarst because they can identify with our vision. They feel excited by the opportunity to leave their mark and produce something that is used to solve real world problems.
We appreciate our team’s passion and drive to perform at the highest level, so offer:
- A fast-growing company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that tracks market rates
- Generous pension
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) growing to 43 with long service
- Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture
As a team we are passionate about the creation of underwater technology. We work hard to see the results of our efforts changing our industry. We are small enough that everybody makes a difference but big enough to provide variety of work and strong in-house expertise. We work together and celebrate our successes together.
We are shaping our culture around our team, encouraging, and supporting learning activities and we want our employees to be part of a team that goes above and beyond good performance, we believe doing things together makes us more cohesive and creates an enjoyable place to spend our working hours in.
We tend to keep our job ads wide to capture interesting people with different skills and experience, so even if you do not tick all the boxes but you are excited about the job and feel confident you could hit the ground running please send us your CV!
Vaarst is proud to be an equal opportunities employer