Location: Bristol, UK
Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum
We have several positions available for talented robotics and autonomous systems engineers to join our growing autonomy team!
Vaarst is a deep tech company with artificial intelligence, autonomy and computer vision at the heart of what we do.
In these roles you will support and accelerate our leading autonomous systems, using your experience to shape new products and develop novel solutions to real world problems using maritime robotics.
These roles require experience working in the navigation, planning, exploration and control of robotics systems, for operation in complex and challenging environments. This will be a hands-on role providing opportunity to trial and evaluate on advanced robotic vehicles.
You will get to:
- Work with cutting edge tech supporting the design, development and integration of the latest autonomous systems.
- Make an impact on the energy transition space helping the move from oil to renewables.
- Be part of a growing and passionate company, with talented people that will revolutionise an industry.
- Continue to learn and develop with opportunities for collaboration and attending conferences.
- Technical build of our autonomous systems to ensure they support our stakeholders operational challenges.
- Support the design, development and iteration of our autonomous systems architecture.
- Testing and evaluating the latest technologies both in simulation and real-world environments.
- Developing production quality solutions.
- Technical expertise one or more of the following:
- Positioning and navigation of robotics vehicle within uncertain environments.
- Mapping and path planning through unstructured terrains.
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics and control of underactuated vehicles using PID, LQR, MPC etc.
- Interfacing with sensors and actuators.
- Git + GitHub
- Experience in robotics field trials.
Additional Experience (desirable but not essential):
- Knowledge of Computer Vision Techniques such as SLAM
- Experience in working with 3D/Video data including mesh and point cloud
- 3D simulation such as Gazebo
- Writing and maintaining production level code.
- Agile Development Practices such as Scrum/Kanban
- A fast growing company that can accelerate your career
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), increasing up to 43 days!
- Bonus leave up to 4 weeks gifted at various length of service milestones
- Progressive and generous parental leave benefits
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical insurance including dental and optical cover
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture with monthly social events
As a team we are passionate about our company’s future and work hard to see the results of our efforts changing our industry. We are small enough that everybody makes a difference but big enough to provide variety of work and strong in-house expertise. We work together and celebrate our successes together.